Outdoor Adventure Club Membership Information
We make every weekend count!
Register for a Membership Here
Membership is not required for Outdoor Adventure Club trips, but it does have its benefits....
We've designed our membership program to provide an option for just about everyone, whether you are looking to join us for one trip, a trip every month or so, or you're ready to join us more often. The biggest benefit of membership is discounted or free trips, but there are other benefits, as well.
Beyond the trip discount, you also receive:
- 10% (roughly) of your membership fees go to environmental, social and other worthy causes
- Save $100 on OAC vacations (Ultimate members save up to $200)
- Receive invitations to members-only events
- Learn new skills at FREE or discounted clinics
- Enjoy more lenient trip cancellation policies
- Receive members only emails with special event notices
- Get priority status when on a trip waiting list
- Free gear rentals (tents, backpacks, sleeping bags and pads) for all OAC trips. Note: gear must be reserved in advance, is based on availability and must be picked up and returned at the Lombardi Sports store in San Francisco.
Paid memberships also receive great deals & discounts from our partners. The money you save can easily cover your membership dues!
- Outdoor Adventure Club members can join Touchstone Climbing Gyms and the initiation fee is only $25. Normally the initiation fee is $100, so you save $75! Touchstone Gyms membership gets you access to all their climbing gyms (must present letter form OAC withmembership status and expiration date)
- 15% off purchases at Lombardi Sports in San Francisco
- One time access to the Mountain Hardwear Friends and Family store in Pt Richmond with employee discounts on Mountain Hardwear, Columbia and Montrail brands
- Get 5% off Hawaiian Airlines flights, when you purchase directly through the Hawaiian Air affilitate website.
- Join a PacWest Athletics BootCamp and save $30 off full price
- 10% off all purchases at Sports Basement in San Francisco, Sunnyvale and Walnut Creek
- 15% off your purchases at Aquan Watersports shop in San Carlos
- 10% off purchases at Sunrise Mountain Sports in Livermore
- 15% off online purchases at Appalachian Outdoors
- Many more member benefits to come in 2014!!!
Contact us at info@OutdoorAdventureClub.com to receive your discount codes where applicable. *Offers subject to change without notice. Subject to availability.
OAC Membership Options:
The Standard Annual Membership: Discounted trips every weekend!
Join the club for only $199 for 12 months. You'll receive the discounted member pricing for all our trips, as well as other discounts and benefits for members. The Annual Membership can be renewed in subsequent years for only $99 within two weeks of your expiration date! more details below
The Standard Ongoing Monthly Membership: Discounted trips every weekend!
Our Monthly Membership gives you the same benefits as the Standard Annual Membership, but with less up-front cost. The montly membership is $50 to join, then $20/month, ongoing on a monthly basis until you cancel (at least three months minimum is required before you can cancel). You can convert your monthly membership to an annual membership and we'll credit your initial $50 to your annual membership fees. more details below
The Ultimate Membership: Trips are FREE every weekend!
52 weekends of fun! Join the OAC as an Ultimate Member, and all your weekend adventures are free for a whole year! That's right, you can come out rock climbing, kayaking, stay in our ski house in Tahoe, backcountry skiing in Lassen, go rafting, take an avalanche class, go backpacking, mountain biking, or come on a hike. Come with us to Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Pt Reyes, Tahoe and other great destinations in California.
It's all included in the Ultimate Membership! $3000/year more details below
Sample the Club Until You Join:
OK, this isn't really a membership option, but it is an easy way to attend trips on our Adventure Calendar without commiting to a membership option. Non-members are welcome to come on OAC adventures and pay non-member fees for most activities. Just look at the adventure calendar decide what you want to do, and make your reservation online as a non-member. Unlike other adventure clubs, there's no sales pitch, no pressure.
Sign up Here!
Ready to join the fun? Signing up for an Outdoor Adventure Club membership is simple. Please use the PayPal button below to process your initial payment and then be sure to fill out our Membership Enrollment form.
You can also join the club when you register for your first trip! Go to our Adventure Calendar, choose a fun trip, and select a membership option when you register for the trip.
Questions? Give us a call at 415-377-1195, or send us an email at email@example.com.
Trip cancellation policy
The "fine print" (terms and conditions) for our memberships:
Ongoing Monthly Standard Membership:
- Monthly billing is ongoing until you cancel. If you decide to cancel your monthly membership, you can do so only after the first three months of billing.
- The $50 initial fee includes the first partial month's fee.
- Ongoing Monthly membership fees are charged on the first of the month. We require your credit card information at the time you sign up, to set up your monthly billing payments.
- You can convert a monthly membership to an annual membership any time. We'll credit your $50 initiation fee to your annual membership.
- You can cancel your montly membership at any time after three months. Cancelling is easy; simply send an email to info@OutdoorAdventureClub.com with the subject line "membership cancellation". Your membership does not cancel automatically at anytime.
- Billing happens on the first of every month and cannot be refunded if you decide to cancel after billing has occured.
- If you cancel your membership, or if we can't successfully charge your credit card for your membership, you will have to rejoin the club and pay the inital fee again.
- Monthly memberships cannot be frozen, held over or carried over for months not used.
Annual Standard Membership:
- The annual membership is a rolling 12 month membership. If you join on June 12, your membership will expire on June 11 of the following year.
- Full payment is required at once. No refunds for any reason.
- There is no refund or credit given for "unused time" on your membership.
- Annual memberships can be renewed at a discount- only $99. Annual memberships must be renewed no later than 2 weeks after the expiration of the membership to qualify for the renewal rate.
- If you fail to renew your membership within two weeks of your expiration date. you will have to rejoin the club at the initial membership price ($199).
- Annual memberships cannot be frozen, held over or carried over for months not used.
- The Ultimate Membership includes at least one adventure per weekend, all year long.
- Any local day trip, or overnight trip up to three days long is included in the Ultimate Membership.
- International trips and local trips over 3 days long are not included in the Ultimate Membership, but special discounts will be applied to these trips for Ultimate Members.
- Ultimate Members must register for each trip.
- Space in each trip is not guaranteed. Our trips can and do fill up, so register early!
- Special cancellation policy does exist for Ulitmate Members. Please read our Cancellation Policy
- The Ultimate Membership is a rolling 12 month membership. If you join on June 12, your membership will expire on June 11 of the following year.
- There is no refund or credit given for "unused time" on your membership.
- Ultimate members can "freeze" their membership for one month. To freeze a membership, simply send an email to info@OutdoorAdventureClub.com with the subject line "freeze my membership"
If you have any questions about the Outdoor Adventure Club, membership, or any of our trips, please contact us! You can reach us at info@OutdoorAdventureClub.com or call us at 415 377 1195